Meet These 8 New Impact-driven Agrifoodtech Startups
In April, StartLife welcomes their sixth cohort of startups that help build a future-proof food ecosystem. The selected startups introduce novel technologies and solutions including 3D food printing, computational designed enzymes, botanical biopesticide and AI-driven greenhouses. On June 24th the startups present themselves during a live online pitching event.
Let’s take you on a trip from the UK to Israel, via Austria and Switzerland, and back to the Netherlands for an introductory round to eight innovative agrifoodtech startups that are embarking on a journey, in cooperation with StartLife, to make their sustainable mark on our planet.
- CellulaREvolution (United Kingdom) – Continuous cell-culturing technologies
- Metabolic Insights (Israel) – Novel biopesticides based on botanical molecules
- Enzymit (Israel) – Designing novel enzymes with computational algorithms
- Revo Foods (Austria) – Producing plant-based seafood with 3D food printing
- Sera Intelligence (Switzerland) – AI-driven horticultural consultant in your pocket
- Blomitec (Netherlands) – Breeding disease-resistant crops
- Cano-ela (Netherlands) – Plant-based ingredients less refined and more functional
- Helia Biomonitoring (Netherlands) – Sensors for real-time biomolecular monitoring
Preparing for early growth
These young startups are eager to show the world what they have to offer. “But before taking a plunge into the deep blue ocean, they wisely prepare themselves,” explains Loet Rammelsberg, program director at StartLife.